- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Or Zucchini Parmesan Recipe
|Eggplant/Three zucchini - 2 1/2 cups||2 1⁄2 Pound (Unpeeled)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required, For Frying)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, well chilled|
|Marinara sauce/Similar tomato-based sauce||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
Calories 1394 Calories from Fat 1193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.7%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.8 mg
Sodium 842.2 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.8%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 45.2% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch thick slices, then dredge in the beaten eggs, then in the flour and sprinkle with salt.
3) In a non-stick pan, fry the eggplant slices in 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over a medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
4) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the Parmesan cheese until finely grated, keep aside.
5) In the processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the mozzarella cheese until shredded.
6) In a greased 8 1/2 x 13 1/2-inch baking dish, place the eggplant slices at the bottom.
7) Spoon over the marinara sauce, top with the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
8) Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.