- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Eggplant Lasagna Recipe Video
|Coconut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1 tsp. for the eggplant and remaining for the beef)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for the eggplant and remaining for the beef)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Sugar free marinara sauce||16 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, divided (2 tbsp. for topping and remaining for the cream cheese mixture)|
|Parmesan cheese||15 Tablespoon, grated (2 tbsp. for topping and remaining for the cream cheese mixture)|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.4%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190 mg
Sodium 1230.8 mg51.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 51.8% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the eggplant length wise.
2. In a bowl take coconut oil, salt and black pepper. Whisk well all the ingredients.
3. Dip the eggplant slices in the coconut oil mixture.
4. Lay down the eggplant slices over a cookie sheet.
5. Bake in oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Rotate the side of the eggplants in between.
6. In a pan take beef, cook for few minutes. Drain excess fat while frying.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the beef.
8. Add in onion and stir for few minutes.
9. Pour in marinara sauce in the beef mixture. Turn the heat low cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
10. For cheese topping – microwave the cream cheese.
11. In a bowl take parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and oregano. Mix evenly all the ingredients.
12. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
13. Take a baking pan, spread the beef layer followed by eggplant and top it with the cream cheese mixture. Make layers of these three mixtures.
14. Top the mixture with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
15. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
16. Cut Eggplant Lasagna into squares and serve.