- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Ham Bake Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, pared and cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|Thin cooked ham slices||12|
|Muenster cheese/Mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.6 mg
Sodium 1022.4 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter or margarine such that tender.
2. Take a small bowl and add the sauted ingredients removing the garlic.
3. Slowly stir in sour cream along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and keep aside.
4. In shallow dish combine egg, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and place bread crumbs in second dish.
5. In the egg mixture, dip eggplant, then in crumbs and brown in a little hot fat, about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Along the bottom of shallow 12x7x2oval baking dish line with eggplant slices.
7. Halve 6 large slices and stand up around inside of dish.
8. Over eggplant in bottom of dish spread half of sour-cream mixture and top with 6 ham slices and half of the cheese.
9. Repeat layers and cover the pan with foil.
10. Let it bake in moderate oven at 350° for about 25 minutes such that bubbly.
11. Uncover and bake 5 minutes to brown.
12. Serve hot with desired garnish.