- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Caviar Recipe
|Eggplants||2 Pound, cut into half (2 Eggplants, 1 Pound Each)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 , squeezed|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|French bread loaf||1|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 391 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.9%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 7% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Oil a baking sheet.
3) Make cut on each eggplant on the cut side,
sprinkle some salt and rest it for 1 hour,
later give a quick wash and dry it using paper towels.
4) Place the eggplants cut-side down on a baking sheet,
Bake in oven for 40 minutes. Then remove it let it cool.
5) Scoop out the flesh off the eggplant and chop it .
6) Add onion, garlic, parsley. Mix in lemon juice and olive oil.
Add salt and pepper.
6) Cover it and refrigerate it until needed.
7) Bring it on room temperature and serve it with bread.