- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Casserole Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, peeled|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (Or Small)|
|Zucchini||3 Medium, sliced|
|Zucchini||3 Medium, sliced thin|
|Green pepper||To Taste, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, sliced|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||12 Ounce, drained, cut in quarters (Reserve Juice, 1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||1 Ounce, drained|
|Parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Other oil you prefer||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 149.7 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, basil and parsley.
2. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer half the vegetables in the given order.
3. Sprinkle with half the herb-salt.
4. Repeat layering with remaining half of vegetables and sprinkle with remaining herb-salt.
5. Generously drizzle olive oil over the vegetables.
6. Cover the pot with its lid.
7. Slow cook the vegetables on HIGH for about 4 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve them for dinner, cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
8. Carefully lift and dish out in a casserole dish. Try to keep the layers intact.
9. Serve hot or cold as a side dish.