- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Eggplant '101' Recipe Video
|Eggplant||1 Large, sliced|
|Onions||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled (For Garnish)|
Calories 66 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.7 mg
Sodium 185.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle salt over eggplant slices.
2. Place eggplant slices on a colander with its salted side down and while doing so sprinkle salt over the top part as well.
3. Place the colander over a big bowl and place a heavy object like a tea pot on top of the eggplant to remove excess water. Keep it aside for 30-60 minutes.
4. Throw away the water in the bowl and place the eggplant slices on a kitchen towel to soak excess moisture from it.
5. Cut eggplant slices into 1-inch dices.
6. In a hot skillet, add oil.
7. Add onions and garlic and sauté diced eggplant till it is completely cooked.
8. To serve Quick Eggplant, pile up the eggplant on a serving platter and garnish with crumbled Feta cheese and fresh mint leaves.