- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Eggnog Pie Recipe
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg whites||8 , beaten stiff|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Pint|
Calories 857 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.3 mg
Sodium 256.6 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 89.4 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 18.1% Iron 0.81%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
3. Dissolve the softened gelatin in hot water. Set aside to cool
4. To make the pie filling take a clean dry grease free bowl.
5. Add the egg whites and beat using an electric beater until stiff.
6. Gradually add the sugar, rum and the gelatin and beat until thick.
7. Fold in most of the whipped cream, reserving some for topping the pie.
8. Pour into the baked pie shell
9. Place in the refrigerator to set completely.
10. Top the pie with whipped cream.
11. Slice into wedges and serve cold.