- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggnog Custard Pie Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1102 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.4%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g141.2%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 297.7 mg
Sodium 518.3 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 33.2 g
Protein 16 g32.5%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. For crust, in a medium bowl combine flour and salt and using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Sprinkling with water, mix until soft dough forms.
4. Using floured rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
5. Place in a 9-inch pie plate crimping the edges of crust and using a sharp knife to trim excess crust.
6. For filling, in a medium bowl beat eggs and sugar until well blended.
7. Add half and half and beat until smooth.
8. Stir in bourbon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
9. Pour filling into crust and bake for 10 minutes.
10. Lowering heat to 325 degrees bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes until a knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.
11. Cool pie on a wire rack.
12. For topping, in a small bowl beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form and then beat in bourbon.
13. Spoon topping onto each piece of pie and serve.