- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggless Milkless Cake Recipe
|Yellow sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg
Sodium 423.3 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease an 8-inch X 5-inch pan with oil or butter and dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 325° F
3. In a large saucepan, blend the first six ingredients
4. Boil the mixture for about 3 minutes, or until u get a syrup and raisins are plump. Allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm.
5. Mix soda bi-carb in a little hot water then blend into the cooled mixture.
6. Sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
7. Add flour to syrup mixture, in batches, using a spatula to fold the mixture lightly. Do not beat.
8. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan.
9. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove and let cake cool in the pan before inverting onto serving plate.
11. Slice and serve the cake warm or cold, for breakfast or as a teatime snack. You can use this sponge as a base for desserts.