- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggless Sponge Cake Recipe Video
|Cake mix||1⁄2 Packet|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tofu cubes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Drop|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.1 mg
Sodium 209 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.03%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.3% Iron 0.46%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Hand blender
2. Electric blender
3. 9-inch round baking dish
1. Take a bowl, add tofu and milk. Using a hand blender, mix them well. Set aside.
2. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F
4. In a bowl, add the cake mix flour, baking powder and combine well.
5. In another bowl mix together oil, milk and tofu mixture, vanilla extract and mix.
6. Add the half of the flour mixture (dry ingredients) to the wet ingredients, using a electric blender and beat well. Once well mixed, add the rest of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend again.
7. Into the greased baking dish pour the well blended batter and tap a couple of times on to the table to get rid of air bubbles, if any.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes and check inserting a tooth pick, if it comes out clean.
9. Once done, place the cake on a cooling rack and let it cool before you serve.
10. Serve as a snack at tea time or frost it with an icing of your choice and serve as a dessert.