- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggless Mango Ice Cream Recipe Video
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||8 Ounce|
|Alphonso mangoes||4 Large (or any sweet yellow mango)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or less if the mangoes are very sweet)|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66 mg22%
Sodium 61.4 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 74.8 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 59% Vitamin C 138.8%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the mangoes and dice into cubes. Retain all the juices by cutting the mangoes over a bowl.
2. Combine diced mangoes and juice with 1/4 cup sugar in a blender jar.
3. Blend to make a smooth mango pulp.
3. Add ricotta cheese to the mango puree and continue to process until well blended into a smooth puree.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream. To that add the mango-ricotta puree and the remaining powdered sugar.
5. Use a spatula, whisk or large spoon to mix everything together until well blended. You can also beat the mixture with a hand blender for 2 minutes if you like.
6. Transfer the mango mixture to a freezer proof container.
7. Close container with tight fitting lid and place in the freeze overnight or for at least 10 to 12 hours.
8. Use an ice-cream scoop, dipped in warm water to scoop the ice-cream and serve in Kulfi or ice-cream bowls/coupes.
9. You can garnish with a strawberry or with diced mango
You could also put everything together in to food processor for quick results.
Adjust the sweetness suitable to your taste.
If you find it hard to blend the ricotta cheese, add a few teaspoons of whole milk to the mixture and blend.