- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggless Chocolate CupCake Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Flax seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 603 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.6 mg
Sodium 494.2 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 57.8 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. An electric mixer
2. Cup cake pan
3. Cake piping bag - for frosting the cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare a cupcake pan, lining it with paper cups and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
4. Add the light brown sugar to the butter.
5. In a small bowl mix flax seeds and water (a mix of 2 tablespoons of milk and 4 tablespoons of water used). Add this to the butter and sugar mixture.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
7. Melt unsweetened chocolate in the microwave and add it to the mixture.
8. Add baking soda and salt. Mix well.
9. Add the cake flour and the sour cream alternatively a little at a time and keep mixing.
10. Once done, gradually add 1 cup of boiling water, a little at a time, while folding in the batter well using a spatula.
11. Pour the batter into the individual servings of the cup cake pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
12. Once baked, set the cupcakes aside to cool.
13. Using a cake piping bag, the cupcakes can be decorated with frosting of different colors.
14. Serve fresh.
After melting, if the chocolate seems to harden, add a little oil which would smooth-en melted chocolate.
Replacement for eggs; 3 eggs = 1 1/2 tablespoons of flax seeds + 6 tablespoons of water (or mix of water and milk)