- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Squares Recipe
|Whole wheat bread slices||12 , softened|
|Whole wheat bread slices||12|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , shelled and mashed|
|Hard-cooked eggs||3 , shelled and mashed|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freeze dried chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Horseradish mustard||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.2 mg
Sodium 502.2 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thinly slice off the crusts.
2. In a bowl, blend together eggs, with remaining ingredients into a smooth spread.
3. Use a butter knife to spread butter or margarine on one side of each bread slice.
4. Apply prepared spread in an even layer over butter on half of the bread slices.
5. Cover each with another slice, buttered side down.
6. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill.
7. Cut each sandwich diagonally into four triangles.