- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg, Sausage Pepper Salad Recipe Video
|Eggs||5 Large, hard boiled|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian sausage||2 Small, sliced|
|Roma tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, diced|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Large, diced|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.3%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.8 mg105.6%
Sodium 594.2 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 191.8% Vitamin C 211.1%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, hard boil eggs and peel the shell.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil and cook sausages until brown.
3. Slice eggs and place in a bowl.
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, mayonnaise and cooked sausages.
5. In a large salad bowl, add in tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers and slivered almonds. Toss with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. On a plate, place mixed greens.
7. Place a generous scoop of egg and sausage mixture.
8. Serve with wine.