- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Pie Recipe Video
|For the pie crust|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), cold|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For the filling|
|Evaporated milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 759 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.4%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g119%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.3 mg
Sodium 462.9 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 16 g31%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPastry cutter
9 inch Pie dish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the all-purpose flour, salt, sugar and mix well.
3. Add the butter and using a pastry cutter, pour water and blend the butter with the flour until cornmeal consistency.
4. Once all combined wrap the dough into a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. On a floured worktop place the dough and flatten the dough and roll it enough to cover the circular baking pan.
6. Place the rolled dough in the baking dish and using a scissors cut of the excess dough and pinch the edges.
7. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
8. Scald the evaporated milk by heating it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
9. In a bowl whish the eggs, add granulated sugar, vanilla extract and the milk.
10. In a bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks have formed.
11. Fold the egg whites into the egg mixture and mix.
12. Pour the filling mixture on the refrigerated pie crust.
13. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit then lower the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 30 to 40 minutes.
14. Remove the egg pie from the oven and let cool.
15. Serve after a hearty meal
For a crunchier crust, you may want to blind bake it first before putting-in the filling.