- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Pesto Omelet Sandwich Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shreded|
|Whole wheat bread||2 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.1 mg78.4%
Sodium 844.3 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 23 g45%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine egg and pesto and whisk it well.
2. In a pan over medium heat, pour the egg mixture and spread it evenly.
3. Fold the omelet and make a square. Take it out on a plate.
4. In the pan, place the slice of bread topped with cheese.
5. Top the bread with omelet, cheese and another slice of bread. Cook it till golden.
6. Serve it as breakfast with milk or juice.