- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Noodles With Mushrooms In Red Wine Sauce Recipe
|Fettuccine noodles||1 Pound (Alternately Called Flat Egg Noodles)|
|Dry mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Wild)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Italian Pancetta)|
|White chopped mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pureed tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (Canned Or Fresh)|
|Consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Chicken Or Beef)|
Calories 1685 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg
Sodium 2497.4 mg104.1%
Total Carbohydrates 271 g90.3%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.8%
Sugars 46.3 g
Protein 75 g150.6%
Vitamin A 86.5% Vitamin C 113.8%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 78.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook fettuccine in boiling water until firm to the bite (al dente).
Drain and set aside.
2) Soak mushrooms in 1 cup of hot water just until soft, approx 20 minutes.Drain.
3) In a pan, bring wine to a boil, add mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes.Drain while reserving the wine.
4) Chop the mushrooms and keep aside.
5) In a large skillet, saute onions till light brown.
6) Add garlic and saute until light brown.
7) Add the bacon, white mushrooms along with above dry mushrooms and saute until mushrooms turn golden, approx.5 minutes.
8) Now add the consomme and pureed tomatoes along with the reserved red wine.
9) Simmer the mixture until thick, approx.30-40 minutes.
10) Finally, add pasta and toss well.
11) Serve immediately with garlic bread or wine.