- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg-less Naan Recipe Video
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), lukewarm|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ghee||3 Tablespoon, melted (2 tbsp. for the dough and remaining for brushing naan)|
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.2 mg13.7%
Sodium 526.5 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 0.71%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In cup take warm water add in yeast and sugar, mix well and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, ghee, salt and yogurt. Incorporate all the ingredients well.
3. Add in the yeast mixture and form a dough.
4. Let the dough rest, covered for 15 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into smaller balls and let rise for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat the broiler and baking sheet.
7. Shape balls into naan shape; brush the top with melted ghee.
8. Heat a flat pan. Add naan to hot pan until it puffs up. Transfer to a hot baking sheet then under the broiler until the top is done.
9. Serve naan with tandoori chicken.
If you want to prepare garlic naan then mix garlic paste in ghee and brush uncooked naan with it.