- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Foo Young Omelette Recipe
|Mung bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced chives/Green onions||1 Tablespoon, minced (As Required, For Garnish)|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 461.2 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 31.5%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, individually process the onion and celery until sliced.
2) In a small skillet, saute the onions and celery in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
3) Stir in the bean sprouts and garlic, saute for about 1 minute or until the sprouts are limp.
4) Stir in the soy sauce and saute until all the liquid has evaporated.
5) In a processor bowl with a plastic mixing blade or metal blade, process 2 eggs until beaten.
6) In a lightly oiled 8-inch non-stick pan, pour and cook over a medium heat until the eggs are done as desired.
7) Spoon 1/3 of the filling down the center, fold the omelet and place in a serving plate. Repeat with rest of the eggs.
8) Garnish with the chives or green onions and serve immediately on individual serving plates.