- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Free Vienna Crescents Recipe
|Milk free margarine||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Finely chopped almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectionery sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.82 mg0.03%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.9% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325°F before baking.
2) Cream margarine well.
3) Slowly beat in sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Beat in flour gradually until thoroughly mixed.
5) Mix in chopped almonds.
6) In a waxed paper, place the dough and keep in refrigerator to allow chilling until firm.
7) Slice dough into 1-inch lengths and figure into crescent shapes.
8) Place the crescents on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.
9) Let cool slightly on a rack and top with confectioners' sugar.
10) Serve with coffee.