- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Free Chocolate Cake with Ready Cake Mix Recipe Video
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or 1 cup yogurt any egg replacer)|
|Chocolate cake mix||1 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), lukewarm|
|Vanilla extract||4 Drop|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (for decoration)|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.9 mg
Sodium 123.4 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees or 350 degrees for dark baking tray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients- chocolate cake mix, semolina, baking powder and sugar well.
3. Add oil and water into the mixture and mix in sour cream well.
4. Mix water as per the pack instruction and according to the batter consistency using your own judgment.
5. Coat baking tray with nonstick grease and spread the cake batter into it.
6. Place in the oven in the middle rack and bake for about 40 minutes.
7. Turn off the oven and leave the baking tray in the oven for about 5 -10 minutes.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
9. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the tray if it comes out clear.
10. Then invert it carefully on the cooling rack.
11. Sprinkle powdered sugar through a sieve, garnish with chocolate coated strawberries and serve.
12. Decorate the cake with toppings or garnish as desired.