- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Egg Foo Young Recipe
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Celery stick||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, or canned (250 Gram)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 537.9 mg
Sodium 602.9 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 81.7% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a frying pan and heat oil in it.
2) Add the celery, onion, carrot and garlic and sauté them.
3) Add the shrimp after the vegetables get cooked and heat thoroughly.
4) Remove from the heat before making the omelet.
5) Take a bowl and break the eggs into it adding bean sprouts, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
6) Take the fry pan and heat oil.
7) Pour in the egg-bean sprout mixture.
8) Cook for a couple of minutes or until set.
9) Slide out half of the omelet onto a plate.
10) Place the shrimp mixture onto it and carefully fold the other half of the omelet over it.
11) Serve after garnishing with cilantro.