- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Florentine Recipe
|Spinach||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||175 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g90.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.2 mg
Sodium 1537.3 mg64.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 45 g90.8%
Vitamin A 466.4% Vitamin C 121.7%
Calcium 105.3% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Lightly poach the eggs until the whites are just set.
3. To make the sauce, melt the margarine in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually blend in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the spinach to a lightly greased 600 ml (2 1/2 cup) ovenproof dish. Make 2 hollows in it with the back of a spoon and place the eggs in the hollows. Pour over the hot sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Cook under a broiler for about 3 minutes, until bubbling and beginning to brown. Garnish with tomato and parsley. Serve immediately.