- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Corn Chowder Recipe
|Canned cream style corn||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Dried onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253 mg84.3%
Sodium 867.1 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 14 g27.5%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 64.3%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the yolks from the two hard boiled eggs and set aside.
2. Chop the remaining eggs and whites.
3. In a saucepan combine the chopped eggs with cream style corn, milk and green pepper; bring the mixture to boil.
4. Add the dried onion, mustard and salt; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Sieve reserved yolks atop; stirring continuously.
6. Arrange the soup in individual serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.