- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg Coffee Recipe
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Coffee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), ground|
Calories 19 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 18.5 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.29 g0.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium, (2-quart) microwave proof measure or casserole, add water.
2. Place in microwave and heat for about 11 minutes to boiling point.
3. In the meantime, whisk the egg adding 2 tablespoons water to it.
4. Add the egg mixture and a little cold water if required to dissolve the coffee grounds.
5. When the water is heated, stir in the coffee-egg mixture.
6. Heat for 4 minutes, until piping hot.
7. Use a tea strainer to strain the beverage into warmed cups or mugs.
8. Serve piping hot accompanied with sugar, sweetner and or milk if desired.