- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg and Walnut Pate Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Full fat soft cheese||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Shelled walnuts||4 Ounce, roughly chopped (100 Gram)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , hardboiled|
|Walnut halves||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.9 mg
Sodium 419 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange all the ingredients to be used in cooking.
2) In the pan, melt the fat.
3) Fry the onion and garlic in the fat until soft and brown.
4) Let them cool.
5) In a bowl, soften the cheese and mix the onion mixture along with walnuts.
6) Either grate the eggs finely or chop and mix throroughly with the pate.
7) In a dish, transfer the mixture till the top and chill until served.
8) Garnish the pate with walnuts and tassels of spring onion.
9) Serve with hot toast with butter or with crackers.