- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg and Gluten Free Caesar Salad Recipe Video
|Anchovies with capers||2 Ounce, canned (1 can, rolled fillets of anchovies with capers in pure olive oil)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Pinch (as required, to taste) (Optional)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch (as required, to taste)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (plus more for garnish)|
|Lettuce||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed and chopped (or as required)|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.5 mg9.5%
Sodium 1527.1 mg63.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 44.4% Vitamin C 93%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dressing: In a large non-reactive bowl, drain and add the achovies and capers, reserve the olive oil.
2) Add a large clove of freshly minced garlic and smash them together to form a smooth paste.
3) Then add the worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, tabasco sauce, reserved olive oil and some more olive oil. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
4) Stir in freshly squeezed lemon juice and pepper to taste.
5) Add a pinch of salt or to taste only if needed.
6) Just before serving, gradually add the lettuce and toss until thoroughly coated.
7) Ladle the Caesar Salad into bowls, garnish with some more grated parmesan cheese, if needed and serve immediately.