- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Egg And Bacon Pie Recipe
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||3 , peeled and chopped|
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1432 Calories from Fat 806
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140%
Saturated Fat 43.2 g215.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 809.4 mg
Sodium 1622.8 mg67.6%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.4%
Sugars 53 g
Protein 69 g138.8%
Vitamin A 61.4% Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 139.9% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) With the pastry, line a deep 8-inch pie plate.
3) In a sauté pan, add bacon and onions and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
4) In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the drained onion and bacon, warmed milk, pepper, salt, parsley and mustard.
5) Pour the mixture into the pastry shell and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
6) Serve hot.
Preparation can be garnished with extra sliced of rolled bacon that has been broiled.