- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg and Asparagus Gratin Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilled milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream fresh||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned asparagus||5 Ounce|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.1 mg
Sodium 204.3 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a baking dish, grease with vegetable oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
2. Add flour and chopped onions and sauté till they turn brown.
3. Add milk, cooked onion, fresh cream, Gruyere cheese, pepper and salt and stir thoroughly to prepare sauce.
4. Take a heavy casserole or ceramic cocotte and line using plastic wrap in such a way that the edges overlie each other.
5. Make a crack on the one egg and hold the wrap edges for sealing. Repeat the process with 3 other eggs.
6. Take a baking dish, assemble the wrapped eggs and cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Take a gratin dish, grease with butter and assemble, alternatively, asparagus and unwrapped eggs, top with sauce, cover and cook for 1 minute.
8. Serve hot.