- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Egg And Anchovy Barrels Recipe
|Hard-boiled eggs||4 , hardboiled|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Capers||2 Teaspoon, garnish|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 517.5 mg
Sodium 1273.4 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 51.9% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 18% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Carefully shell the hard boiled eggs.
2. Use a sharp knife dipped in cold water to thinly slice off the tops and bottoms of the eggs to get “barrels”.
3. Use the blunt tipped knife or a small spoon to scoop out the yolk from broad end of each egg, without tearing the white.
Place the yolks in a small bowl along with half the anchovies, mayonnaise and paprika.
4. With the back of a spoon, mash and blend the yolks to a smooth paste. If too stiff, add a little mayonnaise to adjust the consistency.
5. Season the mixture with pepper.
6. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg white barrels, packing them firmly.
7. Wrap each egg with remaining anchovy strips around the center.
8. On serving plates, make a bed of watercress and place egg barrels, broad side up on it.
9. Garnish top with capers.