- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Edible Superbowl Cheese Tray with Four Cheeses Recipe Video
|Egg||2 , well beaten|
|Puff pastry sheet||1|
|Seasoned black pepper||To Taste|
|Rosemary sprig/Parsely sprig||1|
|Pimiento cheese||100 Gram|
|Muenster cheese||100 Gram|
|Mozzarella medallions||100 Gram|
|Dutch cheese with cumin seeds||100 Gram|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.6 mg
Sodium 320.7 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, place 1 egg and 2 teaspoons water and beat well. Set aside.
3. Unfold the thawed sheet of puff pastry and place it in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Brush the top side with egg mixture.
4. Cut 4 (1/2-inch-wide) strips from the pastry, cutting parallel to the seam of the pastry. Cut 2 from each side for symmetry. Remove the 4 strips and place them along the edge of the puff pastry, trimming ends.
5. With a fork, prick the bottom of the pastry, allowing steam to escape as the pastry cooks.
6. Sprinkle the bottom of the pastry with 1 teaspoon seasoned black pepper or other seasoning of your choice. Gently press fresh rosemary and parsley sprigs into the bottom to make an artistic design.
7. Bake for 6 minutes. Prick bottom of pastry again, to let any air escape from underneath the pastry while baking. Bake 6 minutes longer, or until golden.
8. Cool in pan for 2 minutes, and then gently transfer to a wire rack. Let cool 45 minutes, until completely cool, before placing cheese on top.
9. When the Edible Cheese Tray has cooled completely, arrange about 4 types of cheese on top. This will be more dramatic if you choose different colors and types of cheese.
10. Serve by using a knife to cut from the end of the tray, moving inward inward, placing generous servings of pastry and cheese on nice salad-sized dishes.
This is a gorgeous and very tasty dish to serve at a fancy occasion—perhaps for a party you are giving or attending. I think you will really enjoy this method of serving interesting cheeses during the upcoming holiday season! Love, Betty