- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Edible Chocolate Bowls Recipe Video
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (flavor of choice)|
|Frozen fruits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg
Sodium 150.6 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 0.45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needballoons- 4
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Blow up balloons to the size of an orange. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and crisco.
4. Microwave it for around 40 seconds or till the chocolate melts completely to a smooth consistency. Stir in between to avoid burning of chocolate.
5. Let the melted chocolate cool to lukewarm.
6. Take each balloon and dip it in the melted chocolate to coat the bottoms well. Use the dip and swirl motion to make edges.
7. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and freeze till it hardens.
8. Once the chocolate hardens, remove from the freezer and poke a hole on top of the balloon.
9. Let it loose air slowly. Once all the air is gone, slowly remove from the chocolate bowl without breaking it.
10. In a serving plate, serve the chocolate bowl, filled with ice cream and frozen fruits if desired.
If the bowl develops holes or cracks while removing the balloon, use melted chocolate to med it and keep in the freezer to harden.