- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Puerto Rican Cake & Merengue Recipe Video
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (organic)|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)|
|Vanilla extract||4 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Ounce, melted|
|For making merengue|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Sugar||4 Tablespoon (organic)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (organic)|
Calories 882 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.4%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.8 mg
Sodium 429.4 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 66.3 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 0.96%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl mix together – cake flour, baking powder and sea salt. Sift thrice the mixture.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk egg yolk with the help of standing mixture and add in the sugar slowly.
3. Pour in vanilla extract and almond extract. Whisk for a few minutes and add set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl whisk egg yolks and pour in melted butter.
5. Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture with egg white and add in the cake mixture fold all the mixtures slowly.
6. Pour the batter in the cake pan, bake for 37 minutes at 350 degrees F.
7. Take out the cake and let it cool.
8. For making the Merengue – in a mixing bowl take egg white and whisk with the standing mixture.
9. Add in cream of tartar, sea salt, and sugar and lemon juice. Mix until mixture is fluffy.
10. Spread the merengue over the cake evenly and cover the entire portion.
11. Serve Puerto Rican cake and Merengue after dinner and enjoy with family and friends.