- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Episode 5 Part 3 - Eclairs and Cream Puffs Recipe Video
|For the whipped cream|
|Heavy cream||1 Pound|
|Powdered sugar||3 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Ounce|
|For chocolate ganache|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.2 mg
Sodium 40.9 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 0.58%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 0.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, bring heavy cream to boil on medium high heat. Add chocolate chips and stir continuously till melted and smooth.
2. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator till cooled.
3. In a mixer add the heavy cream and whip it till it forms peaks. Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue to whip till it forms stiff peaks.
For Diplomat Cream
4. Take the bowls of creams from the fridge (Recipe-part 1).
5. Add the whipped cream, in batches, into both the bowls of cream and fold it in gently to form a smooth mixture.
For The Cream Pastries and Cream Puff
6. Take each éclair (long pastry) and make holes with a sharp knife at the bottom. For the cream puff make 1 hole at the bottom.
7. Fill the piping bag with the cream of choice and fill the éclair till it feels heavy. Wipe out the extra cream.
8. Remove the ganache from the fridge and stir to smoothen it.
9. Dip the filled puffs and éclairs in ganache. Set aside till hardened.
10. In a serving plate, serve the éclairs and puffs as a dessert.
Ganache can be replaced with powdered sugar if desired.
For Part 1 of the Eclairs and Cream Puffs please check out this link - Eclairs and Cream Puffs- Part 1
For Part 2 of the Eclairs and Cream Puffs please check out this link - Eclairs and Cream Puffs- Part 2