- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Episode 5 Part 2 - Eclairs and Cream Puffs Recipe Video
|For the pastry|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce (1 stick)|
|Whole milk||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla extarct||1⁄8 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Ounce|
|Bread flour||5 1⁄4 Ounce|
|For egg wash|
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.4 mg
Sodium 148.7 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.6% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. EGGWASH: In a bowl, mix egg and water till combined. Set aside.
3. In a deep pan, put butter, milk, vanilla extract, water, sugar and salt. On high heat bring it to a boil while stirring continuously.
4. Once boiled reduce the heat to medium high and add the flour slowly and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Continue to stir vigorously till it forms a dough like consistency and is smooth.
5. Transfer this into a mixer and put it on medium speed. While the mixer is on, add the eggs one by one. Add the next one only after the earlier one is incorporated. This will turn into a batter.
6. Fill it into a piping bag or plastic bag. Pipe it into small rounds on 1 baking sheet and lengthwise in another baking sheet. Brush with the egg wash.
7. Bake for around 25 minutes or till it turns light brown. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees F and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
8. These pastries can be used to make cream puffs.
For Part 1 of the Eclairs and Cream Puffs please check out this link - Eclairs and Cream Puffs- Part 1
For Part 3 of the Eclairs and Cream Puffs please check out this link - Eclairs and Cream Puffs- Part 3