- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Cioppino Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrot||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery ribs||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Clam juice||8 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quality chopped clams||2 Can (20 oz) (minced clams with liquid)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (1 teaspoon dried oregano)|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and cleaned|
|Sea scallops||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half|
|Firm fish||1 Pound, chunked|
Calories 1279 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 514.5 mg
Sodium 2779.4 mg115.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 144 g287.7%
Vitamin A 369.6% Vitamin C 107.9%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 55.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot heat oil on medium heat.
2) Put onion, carrots, and celery and cook until it becomes soft.
3) Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook it for few more minutes.
4) Mix tomatoes, wine, clam juice, water, canned clams, and herbs. Stir well.
5) Bring to boil and cook for some time, until liquid is reduced.
6) Add seafood to the mixture and mix well.
7) Cover the pot for few minutes and let it simmer until everything is cooked.
8) Serve your Fish Cioppino with baguette or any toasted bread of your choice.