- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eating for Strength and Recovery - Grilled Chicken with Vegetables Recipe Video
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast||16 Ounce (2 pieces)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 Medium, zested|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Snap peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg43.8%
Sodium 365.5 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 58 g115.1%
Vitamin A 139.4% Vitamin C 99.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix in the soy sauce, lime juice and zest, sesame oil, olive oil and ginger to make the marinade.
2. Throw in the chicken and let it sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Half an hour before cooking, take it out from the refrigerator.
4. Heat a griddle, and throw the marinated chicken breasts on it.
5. Grill for about 7 minutes on each side until it is cooked well and there are nice grill marks.
6. In a medium sauce pan, heat the chicken broth.
7. Add the carrot and let it steam for 10 minutes.
8. Drop the snow peas and cook for the last 30 seconds so that they remain crispy.
9. Plate the chicken breast along side the vegetables. Drizzle the stock on the chicken to help it remain moist.Serve right away.