- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Coconut Macaroon Recipe
|Egg whites||3 , at room temperature|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dessicated coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 63.5 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 48.2 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
4. Gradually start adding in the sugar, while beating continuously until stiff peaks form.
5. Using a spatula, gently fold in the vanilla extract.
6. Now gently fold in the desiccated coconut a little at a time and make sure you do not over mix.
7. Using an ice-cream scoop, drop the batter on the prepared baking sheet. You can also use a piping bag to form even sized macaroons.
8. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until they turn slightly golden.
9. Allow them to cool on wire racks.
10. Serve as desired.