- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
EASY CHEESY VEGETABLE PASTA Recipe
|Cooked pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs) (macaroni or fusilli)|
|Boiled vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (carrots)|
|Capsicum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.3 mg
Sodium 456.5 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the butter in a pan and saute the capsicum in it for 2 minutes.
2. Add the milk and cheese slices and bring to a boil.
3. Add the vegetables, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and bring to a boil.
5. Serve hot with toast or garlic bread.
Approximately 1 1/4 cups of dried pasta will yield 2 cups of cooked pasta.