- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Organic Cashew Cheese Recipe Video
|Cashew||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked|
|Vegetarian bacterial culture||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1519 Calories from Fat 994
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.6%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3146 mg131.1%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.4%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 50 g100.8%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 107%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Strain the water from the cashew and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix together vegetarian bacterial culture and water. Set aside.
3. In a food processing jar, take cashew and vegetarian bacterial culture mixture, blend for few minutes.
4. In a medium bowl place the strainer and cheese cloth. Take out the cheese in cheese cloth and bind it. Place a bowl filled with water over it for 15 hrs.
5. Take out the cheese in a bowl and add in the nutritional yeast, white pepper, garlic salt and nutmeg, mix well. Place the cheese on the cloth again and let it sit for 12 hrs.
6. After 12 hrs. take out the cheese and give desired shape.
7. Place chives and sesame seeds over a cutting board and roll the cheese cylinder over it.
8. Slice the Cashew Cheese and serve with salad.