- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomatoes||19 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 121.6 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 8-cup (2 liter) measure, combine oil, onion and garlic and microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
2. Breaking up with wooden spoon, add tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano.
3. With vented plastic wrap cover and microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes until steaming and slightly thickened, stirring once.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and use as desired.
5. Make the sauce in advance, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.