- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy to Bake Buttermilk Fruit cake, Blueberry and Peach with Crumble/Streusel Recipe Video
|Amarettini||100 Gram (Topping)|
|Flour||90 Gram, sieved (German Streusel/Crumble)|
|Butter||60 Gram, at room temperature (German Streusel/Crumble)|
|Sugar||50 Gram (German Streusel/Crumble)|
|Vanilla sugar||8 Gram (German Streusel/Crumble)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (German Streusel/Crumble)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon (German Streusel/Crumble)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon (Cake)|
|Almond||100 Gram, chopped (Cake)|
|Eggs||3 Large (Cake)|
|Buttermilk||350 Gram (Cake)|
|Rum||2 Tablespoon (Cake)|
|Canned peaches||400 Gram (Cake)|
|Blueberries||250 Gram, mix well with 4 teaspoons of sugar (Cake)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2875 Calories from Fat 1092
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195%
Saturated Fat 39.4 g197.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 763.4 mg
Sodium 2110.9 mg88%
Total Carbohydrates 366 g122%
Dietary Fiber 32.1 g128.5%
Sugars 233.3 g
Protein 73 g146.1%
Vitamin A 108.7% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 192.2% Iron 84.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9" round or square baking pan with nonstick spray.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beat until combined.
3) Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk in alternating batches, beginning and ending with the flour; beat until just combined (the batter will be very stiff).
4) In a small bowl, toss the fruit with about 1 teaspoon of flour. Set aside.
5) To make the topping, mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
6) Using your fingers, work in the butter until large, moist crumbs form (make sure the crumbs are large so they form a crisp topping as the cake bakes instead of melting into the batter).
7) Chill streusel until ready to use.
8) Fold the fruit that was tossed with flour into the cake batter and pour the batter into a cake tin.
9) Sprinkle evenly with the streusel topping, covering completely (do not press in).
10) Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
11) Serve chilled.