- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe Video
|Turkey meat||2 Pound, thawed, brined, and cut into pieces (1)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Celery||2 , chopped finely|
|No salt seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.8 mg
Sodium 224.4 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut turkey into pieces. Remove fat and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, put turkey fat and cook on high heat until it is heated through.
3. Drop turkey pieces, inside down, and let it caramelize on both sides.
4. Add celery and onion in skillet. Saute on high heat.
5. In slow cooker, add turkey and caramelized onion mixture.
6. Take turkey breast out of slow cooker pot. Add no salt seasoning, paprika, and cayenne pepper in it.
7. Pour water to cover everything.
8. Sprinkle fennel seed and salt.
9. Place turkey breast back into the pot. Cover, and place it in refrigerator overnight.
10. Next morning, remove turkey breast again from the cooker, and put it in a bowl. Place it in refrigerator.
11. Now, cover the slow cooker with lid and cook on high setting for 4 hours.
12. Then, add turkey breast and cook for additional 2 hours.
13. Serve turkey with sausage stuffing.