- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Stir Fry with Tempeh and Vegetables Recipe Video
|Tempeh||10 Ounce, sliced into bite size pieces (1 Package)|
|Bok choy head||1 Large, washed, separated and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Spice blend||2 Teaspoon (Szechuan)|
|Tamari/Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Long grain brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wild rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Millet||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Tempeh||10 Ounce, sliced into bite-size pieces (1 Package)|
|Olive oil/Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground flax meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Swiss chard||1 Bunch (100 gm), cleaned, stems chopped fine and leaves shredded (Red Or Yellow)|
|Bok choy||1 Large, washed, separated and cut into 2 inch pieces (2 Small Heads)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Ginger spice blend||2 Teaspoon|
|Szechuan spice blend||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce/Tamari||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 1171 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.1%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg
Sodium 1496.6 mg62.4%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.8%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 79 g157.7%
Vitamin A 831.7% Vitamin C 722.7%
Calcium 130.1% Iron 100.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) For the rice and millet: Bring the water, wild and brown rice to a boil in a stock pot. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes -- set your timer.
2) Add the millet, stir and continue simmering in the covered pot for 30 minutes until done.
3)For the stir-fry: Place the sliced tempeh, oil and flax meal in a bowl.
4) Mix together so that the flax sticks to the Tempeh.
5) Heat a dry wok to medium high heat and fry the Tempeh until golden brown - about 5 minutes.
6) Remove from pan.
7) Put 2-4 tablespoons of water in the wok.
8) Add the chard stems and bok choy, cover and steam for 1-2 minutes.
9) Add the chard leaves, red pepper, spices and tamari.
10) Cover and steam for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the Tempeh.
110Serve over the rice and garnish with sesame seeds.