- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Tomato Soup with Basil And Beans Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed or whole|
|Cannellini beans||14 Ounce, undrained|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||1|
|Chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 677.9 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop scallion and keep white and the green parts separately.
2. Take a large pot, drop garlic, white part of scallion, beans, tomato, and water in it.
3. Add sugar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, and bouillon cube.
4. Pour olive oil, and place the pot on high heat. Bring everything to a boil.
5. Lower the heat to medium low, cover it with lid and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
6. Add cream and basil. Cook for about 2 minutes. Blitz with blender until creamy. Remove pot from heat.
7. Garnish soup with green scallion, basil leaf, and serve it hot with bread.
You can use any stock chicken or vegetable depending on your choice.