- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Slice Sukiyaki Recipe
|Beef sirloin||1 1⁄2 Pound, partially frozen|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Chinese cabbage head||1⁄2 , cut to fit food chute|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 925.4 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 63.8% Vitamin C 58.6%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl with slicing side facing up, slice meat. Keep aside.
2. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl with slicing side facing up slice vegetables, each separately.
3. Arrange on a tray, cover and refrigerate till served.
4. Take a 2 cup measure, add water and beef granules followed by sugar and soy sauce. Mix well and keep aside.
5. Take an electric or 12 inch skillet, place in high heat.
6. Heat oil, add beef and allow to sear on both sides.
7. Mix in soy mixture, while keeping beef to the skillet side.
8. Keep the separate.
9. Mix in water chestnuts, onion, celery and mushrooms.
10. Without covering, cook, for 4 to 5 minutes to turn tender.
11. Push to the side.
12. Place cabbage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to heat well. Take care to avoid overcooking.
13. Serve hot with rice.