- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Skillet Chicken Recipe
|Fat-free chicken broth||2 2⁄3 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cubed|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 , cubed|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken breast halves||4 Small, skinned and fat removed|
|Zucchini||1 , cut in 1/2-inch thick rounds|
|Carrots||2 , cut in 1/4-inch thick rounds|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian blend seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Divided In Two Halves)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Divided In Two Halves)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 270.3 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 130% Vitamin C 84.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook 2 tablespoons of chicken broth and onion for about 5 minutes until onion becomes tender.
2) Stir in peppers and celery and again cook for 5 more minutes until vegetables get colored.
3) Mix in chicken and remaining vegetables and broth.
4) Season with 1/2 teaspoon each Italian seasoning and paprika and uncover and cook the mixture slowly over low heat for 30 minutes.
5) Toss the chicken and season with remaining Italian seasoning, paprika and pepper.
6) Allow the chicken and vegetables to become soft by cooking further for 20 minutes.
7) Serve hot.