- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Scampi Recipe
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Parsley sprigs||4 , chopped|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg
Sodium 272.6 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick pan, melt butter and sauté onion, garlic, and parsley for 10 minutes until golden brown.
2) Stir in shrimp and cook until just pink.
3) Using slotted spoon remove the shrimp and place in ovenproof dish.
4) Cover the shrimps lightly and keep warm.
5) In the same pan, stream in wine and lemon juice.
6) Simmer the wine mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
7) Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
8) Spoon the sauce over the shrimps.
9) Serve hot garnished with fresh parsley if desired.