- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Roast Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Spinach Recipe
|Shank half leg of lamb||3 1⁄2 Pound, butterflied|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed and drained (2 Packages ,10 Ounces Each)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallot/Small onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Feta cheese/Ricotta cheese||4 Ounce|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.6 mg
Sodium 358.9 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 134.8% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Using a sharp knife or a pair of kitchen scissors, trim the fat from the lamb.
3. Open out the butterflied leg and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Season lamb inside out with salt and pepper.
5. Press the spinach through a fine mesh with the back of a wooden spoon and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Place spinach in a bowl.
6. In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
7. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté 3 to 4 minutes until soft and golden.
8. Tip into the bowl with the spinach and mix well, adding seasonings if desired.
9. On a meat board, open out the butterflied lamb.
10. Spread the spinach mixture evenly and crumble the cheese on top of the spinach.
11. Roll the butterflied lamb and tie firmly with kitchen string to secure the filling.
12. Place the stuffed leg, seam side down on a rack over a roasting pan.
13. Place in the preheated oven and roast for1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours until internal temperature of the meat reads 160°F for medium or 170°F for well done.
14. Remove the roast from the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
15. Slice the roast thinly at a slant using a steak knife.
16. Arrange the slices on a platter and serve with or without gravy or mint sauce.