- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||2 Kilogram, whole|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and cut|
Calories 789 Calories from Fat 422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.3 mg
Sodium 289.3 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 70 g139.4%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pat the whole chicken dry.
2. Add the onion into the chicken cavity and tie the legs together with thread.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
4. Rub oil thoroughly over the chicken.
5. Season with salt and pepper .
6. Add the chicken to a baking tray and add potatoes to the sides.
7. Drizzle some oil over the potatoes.
8. Pop into the oven for 1 1/4 hours.
9. After 1 1/4 hours, poke the juiciest part of the chicken with a skewer and if the juices run clear, the chicken is done.
10. Cut the chicken, plate and serve as main course.